Steps to do:
- fork in GitHub the repository (lockedata/namer) that contains the package for which you want to create a pull request. The new repository is called HanOostdijk/namer
- clone the (forked!) package to your local machine. In RStudio this can be done with File|New Project|Version Control|Git and specify as Repository URL the value found in the Clone or Download box on FitHub.
- create a branch that I will name HOQC1 by typing in the terminal window git checkout -b HOQC1
- make changes in HOQC1
- commit the changes local and then push with git push origin HOQC1
- submit PR on the GitHub site
- after discussion changes were applied to the HOQC1 branch on the GitHub sit. Retrieve these by using git pull origin HOQC1